SUBMISSIONS FOR THE SUMMER 2013 ISSUE ARE CLOSED
THE READING PERIOD FOR THE FALL ISSUE IS
JULY 1 THROUGH AUGUST 15
Negative Suck is for writers and artists who don’t suck. Please read the following guidelines carefully. The site address is www.negativesuck.com.
1. Proofread your work carefully -- painstakingly -- before submitting. In fact, get someone else to give it a look-over before you hit the enter button. The editor doesn't like getting submissions with misspelled words; it's irritating. Do not depend on spell check. Human eyes are the best proofreaders. It is not the responsibility of Negative Suck to correct your work.
2. The word limit for fiction/prose submissions is less than 1000 words. Poetry submissions must be non-rhyming and less than 50 lines per poem. Non-fiction such as essays are not considered.
3. We prefer submissions that make us feel as if we got punched in the gut -- work that remains in our minds for days if not weeks, work that keeps us up at night, work that throws us into a whirlwind of emotional instability. Cause some internal bleeding, a coronary, even an aneurysm if you have to. Submissions NOT considered contain gratuitous sexual activity, gratuitous violence, gore (in fact, any amount of gore is gratuitous for this magazine), gratuitous profanity, political or religious references, meaningless absurdity or otherwise silly juxtapositions of thought that ramble and go nowhere but off the edges of proverbial cliffs. If you have something to say, then say it, but don't bore anyone with pretty words or extravagant phrases or anything else that anyone else with less than a third of a brain could write. Stuff like that -- yes, you guessed it -- SUCKS. Write about something no one writes about then write about it like no one could.
4. Submit all work in the body of an email to email@example.com. The subject line should read as follows (example): title of submission -- Negative Suck submission -- author name. Please note: PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED OR SIMULTANEOUSLY SUBMITTED WORK IS NOT CONSIDERED. Don't make us remind you.
5. If you are included in an issue of Negative Suck, you will have to wait until at least another issue has passed before being considered again. Any submissions received prior to that time will be ignored.
6. Art and photography will be considered, but only in black and white. We prefer that subject matter NOT include humans or animals. NO COLOR ART OR PHOTOGRAPHY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
7. Negative Suck only wants archival rights in the event a compilation is produced.
Questions? Please use the email above but signify that you have a question in the subject line and address it to "editor".
Comments may be left by clicking the upper right icon on the main page. Please be tactful.
Donations are always welcome.
Email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.